Home Business Myths About EPF That Need To Get Debunked Now

Myths About EPF That Need To Get Debunked Now

No matter how familiar things sound, a common man can never be completely aware of all the details that comprise an organization’s elaborate policies and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures). Rumors are easily spread in the corporate sector as very few people have an in-depth understanding of every function being performed or action taken.

The most common areas where employees misunderstand or get mistaken are the salary and tax-related information. For instance, the workforce of any organization forms misconceptions about the very popular government schemes like Employees’ State Insurance and Employees’ Provident Fund. People are not aware of the basic particulars such as what is EPF, what does it stand for, how to withdraw PF online and others. So, forget about the detailed comprehension regarding the same. 

Let’s see what are the top 5 myths about this post-retirement benefit plan:

#Myth 1

Every Working Professional Makes The PF Contribution

Is it compulsory for everyone who is working to contribute to the EPF scheme? No, there is an eligibility criteria for employees that they have to fulfill only after which they are liable to pay for the EPF. According to EPF eligibility, the funds contribution is mandatory only for the working professionals who earn a monthly salary of maximum INR 15,000. Others are called non-eligible employees but they can also contribute voluntarily. 

#Myth 2

All The Organizations Have To Register Under EPF

This one is a huge mistake! Not every organization is supposed to get registered under the EPF scheme. As per the EPFO, only the establishments that have an employee base of more than 20 people must enroll their staff members to contribute to the PF regime. Other factories and corporations are free to make their choices whether to be involved or not.

#Myth 3

Offline Method Is Easier Than Online PF Withdrawal

If everyone knew how to withdraw PF online, this myth wouldn’t have started in the first place. Unlike older times when working professionals had to stand in long queues outside EPf offices and get a large amount of paperwork done, today everything is mechanized. With the advent of technology, the EPF balance enquiry and amount withdrawal process became online. The government website for the same, i.e., unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in allows the registered users to check the available balance in their accounts and withdraw the required PF amount. The online method is, no doubt, ten times faster and easier than the contemporary one.

#Myth 4

Employees Can Withdraw PF Only On Retirement

Not true! As per reliable sources, EPF is the government scheme that acts like a post-retirement benefits plan. However, there is an option for the registered employees to withdraw 90% of their available balance within one year before retirement. Also, 75% of the balance can be withdrawn after one month of unemployment and the remaining 25% can be transferred to the new EPF account after getting recruited. 

 

#Myth 5

Employees’ Provident Fund Is Always Taxable

Under section 80C, the EPF contribution has many tax benefits. The interest earned and money received on super annotation are exempt from taxes. But, if the amount is withdrawn before retirement it is taxed as salary.

Imran Zahidhttp://digitaldailys.com
Hi I'm Imran Zahid a professional blogger having experience in blogging as well as freelancing. My basic researched on tech, health, entertainment, Digital Marketing and home improvement. I'd like to share my experience with all of you be connect to explore the knowledge. Thank you

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Look for a VPN with Features for Multiple Device Support

The COVID-19 virus has forced the world to go into lockdown and stay quarantined in their homes for safety. Offices are now using remote...

What are disaster recovery services? How are they relevant in the COVID-19 age?

Disaster recovery services: The coronavirus or COVID-19 pandemic has emerged as one of the most critical global emergencies within a short span of time....

How To Learn Guitar From Home?

Learning guitar at home is not always tending to be a challenging process. If you are a music lover, you can definitely enjoy the...

Why Should You Be Mindful About Your House Painting?

Everyone has a different sort of house and which type of house do you have?  Certainly, you have those stunning foyers, living area and...

Recent Comments

you're currently offline

We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies.
Accept
Privacy Policy