The desert state of Rajasthan is filled with a myriad culture that is inclusive of everything you can hope for. From breathtaking desert safaris to palatial palaces. From enchanting national parks to historic forts. From colourful markets to quite lanes brimming with anecdotes. Rajasthan has it all. Rajasthan tours are quite popular among tourists, who come here for the brilliant culture and a splash of history. However, there are some questions that tourists have about their Rajasthan tours.
Here are are few FAQs about Rajasthan tours to make your vacation even more memorable and easy.
When should I book my Rajasthan Tour?
The best time to visit Rajasthan is during the winter months between October and March. The peak tourist season here is during December and January, due to favorable weather conditions. The mornings have a nip of cold, while the nights can get quite freezing.
If you do plan your trip during the monsoon season, which is from June to September, then you will get fewer crowds, however, it is quite humid during this time. Do not opt for any Rajasthan Tours during the summer months, that is from April to May since the temperatures can rise quite high.
How should I travel on my Rajasthan Tours?
The state of Rajasthan is very well connected to Delhi and most of the North Indian side of India by train. You can reach any destination in Rajasthan by a train. Delhi to Jaipur hardly takes 5 hours by train.
Even on your Rajasthan tours, if you have to travel from one city to another, like from Jaipur to Udaipur, then you can either opt for a train or get a private vehicle. Trains are much cheaper and you will experience a different culture of India!
There are many buses available as well, that ply intercity, however, we do not recommend that.
While going around cities like Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, and other such places on your Rajasthan Tours, then it is best to avail auto-rickshaws or apps like Uber/Ola.
What Should You Pack For Your Rajasthan Tours?
Rajasthan is a desert state, which means that in the day time it gets quite hot, while at night the temperatures tend to dip. So you need to pack accordingly. Here are few essentials that you must pack for your Rajasthan Tours:
- Always carry a sunscreen. You will need it quite frequently. Put your sunscreen on every time you step out in the day time, You can also carry a hat and a scarf to shield yourself from the harsh rays of the sun.
- If you are travelling in the winter months, then make sure you pack a jacket, a sweater, and a lovely shawl or coat to keep you warm.
- Women should carry some loose-fitting clothes, more like Kurtis or lose tops, and comfy trousers.
- Carry walking shoes, as some of the cities in your Rajasthan Tours will require quite a bit of walking.
Some Essential Tips For Your Rajasthan Tours?
- Rajasthan is still a pretty conservative place. Even though you will find nightclubs in a city like Jaipur, however in other places it is quite uncommon to see women out of their homes after dark. Try not to wear sleeveless dresses and stick to a more covered-up attire.
- If you wish to avoid crowds, then skip places like Jaipur, Udaipur and Jaisalmer, and head off to more off the radar tours. There are several Rajasthan Tours that will show you a completely different side of Rajasthan. Places like Bikaner, Pushkar and Shekhawati are the hidden gems of Rajasthan.
- Try and shop, eat and stay local. Many shops are specially set up for tourists, and they are generally high priced. So stick to smaller shops. This will help you get the right price for your buys but also support local businesses.
- Rajasthan is a desert state, so you must be more careful about using water here. You should practice sustainable tourism, and make sure to close all the taps and avoid hotels that have pools.
- The culture of Rajasthan is quite something to look out for. It is a land laden with history and wealth. So, try and talk to locals, and hire guides to know the depths of its history. You should also visit Rajasthan during festivals like the Pushkar camel festival, to witness something different on your tour.
Rajasthan is an enchanting state and is filled with so much wonder that is it is just waiting to be burst open. Your Rajasthan tour will surely be memorable, and thrilling at the same time. Just pack your bags, and be ready to witness the magic of this lovely state.